We will be removing invasive plants from the forested Ed McGregor Park
Working rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
How to get to the location
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from. Also, please offer the driver a bit of gas money to help cover this cost.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45 am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Lots of activities (see above)
• Take a break after about 2 hours with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 1:45pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. DOWNLOAD FORM HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, a sun hat/sunscreen if it is sunny
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants
• Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
What will happen afterwards
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album
• A summary of the activity along with before and after photos will be posted in our PAGES section to show what an impact you’ve made