We will removing English Ivy growing up trees throughout the beautiful coastal habitat in Saxe Point Park in Esquimalt.
This event has been partially funded by the Township of Esquimalt!
We will meet in the parking lot in Saxe Point (at the end of Fraser Street)
Click HERE for the map
How to get to the location
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Walk to site (follow the arrows/flagging tape if you are late)
• Remove ivy!
• Take a break after about 1.5 hours with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 1pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. DOWNLOAD THE FORM HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, extra layers in case it is cold
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!