Please complete following two steps to register for Sunday!
Form 2: Activity signup – this gets filled in before each activity (to save paper and having to fill it in when you arrive which takes lots of extra time)
We will removing Scotch Broom, Himalayan Blackberry and English Ivy from View Royal’s Chancellor Park!
This activity has been partially funded by the Town of View Royal 🙂 🙂
Delicious scones to snack on will be donated by Cobs Bakery located down the street in Eagle Creek at 31 Helmcken Road!
We will work rain or shine – please dress according to the weather
We will meet near the entrance to the park at Quincy St and Chancellor Ave. Parking is available along the street here
Click HERE for the map
How to get to the location
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Walk to site (follow the arrows/flagging tape if you are late)
• Remove broom, blackberry and ivy!
• Take a break after about 1.5 hours with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 1pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Please have your parents sign this form HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, extra layers in case it is cold
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
Town of View Royal
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates about local events, new videos, stories and resources.