We will be working with the Friends of Uplands Park and helping restore Cattle Point and Uplands Park by removing English Ivy and planting a variety of native forbs and plants!
This event is on rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
How to get to the location
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Learn about the beautiful Garry Oak habitat and park, and go on a tour with the Friends of Uplands Park
• Remove English Ivy!
• Take a break after about 1.5 hour with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 1pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Please DOWNLOAD THE FORM FROM HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, hat and sunscreen if it is sunny.
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates about local events, new videos, stories and resources.