Anderson Hill is a majestic place that contains the rare Garry-oak rock outcrop ecosystem. Over the years, the dedicated work of volunteers has removed tons of invasive plants and helped restore this special place. There is lots of work still needed to clear other nasty invasive plants out of this beautiful place.
Meeting Spot and Parking
Getting yourself there
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Cycling. You can also use Google Maps to find a good cycling route.
• Meet at 10:45 am for sign-in and introductions, and brief overview (please be on time!).
• Walk to site (follow the arrows/signs if you are late)
• Removal of invasive, non-native plants like English Ivy, Gorse, young Scotch Broom and others!
• Break / snack time at 12:15am
• Work until 2:00pm, grab your eco-gift from one of our SPONSORS then sign-out
What to bring
• If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. FILL IN ELECTRONIC FORM HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Hat, sunscreen if it is sunny. Long sleeves and pants to protect your skin from scratches and bug bites
• Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
• Refreshments at the break
• A chance to meet new people and have a fun experience in a beautiful park.
What will happen afterwards
• A volunteer letter will be emailed to you if you need to confirm your hours for school or another program
• Photos taken will be loaded up in a photo album
• A summary of the activity along with before and after photos will be posted in our PAGES section to show what an impact you’ve made
Oakbay and Anderson Hill Volunteers
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates about local events, new videos, stories and resources.